- Create a Verandah that Compliments Your Home Perfectly with First Choice Home Improvements
- Do I need polycarbonate or colorbond roofing on my carport?
- Do you have a damaged roof?
- First choice for Re-roofing in Adelaide
- How big should my carport be?
- How do you know if your house needs a roof restoration?
- How Does Solar Power Work?
- How Long Will A Roof Replacement Take?
- How long will metal roofing last compared to tiles?
- How Solar Energy is Used Around Australia?
- How your roofing choice changes the aesthetic of your Adelaide home
- Improve your Businesses Functionality and Aesthetic with Commercial Roofing
- Is there a Difference in Quality in Polycarbonate Roofing?
- Not all roofing is the same – what you need to know about re-roofing.
- Protect your verandah investment with the right guarantee
- Re-roofing for Adelaide homes from any era
- Solar Panels and How They Reduce Your Power Bill
- The Benefits of a Roof Replacement
- The Benefits of Roof Restoration Vs Roof Repair
- The Impact Poor Roofing Maintenance Can Have On Your Property
- What are the different verandah roofing styles?
- Where Can I Get A Custom Made Carport For My Adelaide Property?
- Which direction should my solar panels face?
- Who Installs Solar?
- Who uses solar energy panels and for what purposes?
- Why choose First Choice Home Improvements for your re-roofing
- Why Colorbond roofing is a fantastic substitute for tiles!
- Will A Roof Replacement Add Value To My Home?
When looking at getting solar panels for your home, you may be a little confused at how the energy your panels produce can reduce your electricity bill. We get it; it’s a tricky one. But we’re here to explain the hard parts to you.
Firstly, we know that solar panels collect energy from the sun and convert it into electricity. By adding solar panels to your property, you can significantly limit your family’s carbon footprint, as well as reducing the cost of your monthly power bill.
Energy Convertor or Inverter
With your solar panels comes an inverter. The inverter turns the power produced by your solar panels into the same energy you use at home – that is 240-volt AC.
Your solar power system is generating the most amount of energy during the middle of the day. This is usually because the majority of people aren’t home during the mid-morning and middle of the day. For example, if you’re using no power while at work your solar system is feeding that energy straight back into the grid. Making your electricity meter spin backwards!
When you begin producing your own solar power, your electricity bill can drop considerably. The amount you can save is dependent on the size of your homes solar system as well as your family’s energy usage.
You’ll still be drawing some power from the grid at night unless you fit batteries. The inverter in your home should be equivalent to that of your output panels. Ensuring that you’re receiving the greatest power efficiency and allowing you to use your own electricity instead of paying the power company.
When it comes to rebates, the Federal Government still subsidise solar power. Generally speaking, the government will pay for about 35% of your solar systems price. The amount that is subsidised varies depending on the size of the system. For a standard 5kw system, you could save around $3,000 of the upfront price. Through the use of small-scale Technology certificates, we can quote you a price that is the net amount, taking into account this rebate.
Feed in Tariff
Former The Retail Feed In Tariff (FiT) is another commonly known rebate system. This system was previously subsidised by the government as well as your energy provider based on the amount of power your solar system put back into the power grid. While the State Government have now stopped this initiative, you’ll still get a price from your energy provider.
Energy retailers are now recognising the value of export power from your home and are increasing the FIT rates they pay you. Ask us who has the best deal. It can be up to half the rate of your normal daytime power. Excess export power generated during the day will offset the night time cost of your power
If anything can be learnt from FiT, it is that it teaches us that it is important that the size of your system meets your needs. We can work with you to determine which solar system is right for your lifestyle needs.
Here at First Choice Home Improvements, we can design a solar system that is fitting for your home’s energy requirements, determining the optimal utility rate to save you the most on your power bill. Call us today on (08) 8410 1883 for your free quote!