- Do you have a damaged roof?
- How do you know if your house needs a roof restoration?
- How Does Solar Power Work?
- How Long Will A Roof Replacement Take?
- How long will metal roofing last compared to tiles?
- How Solar Energy is Used Around Australia?
- How your roofing choice changes your aesthetic
- Improve your Businesses Functionality & Aesthetic with Commercial Roofing
- Is there a Difference in Quality in Polycarbonate Roofing?
- Not all roofing is the same – what you need to know about re-roofing.
- Re-roofing homes from any era
- Solar Panels & How They Reduce Your Power Bill
- The Benefits of a Roof Replacement
- The Benefits of Roof Restoration Vs Roof Repair
- The Impact Poor Roofing Maintenance Can Have On Your Property
- Which direction should my solar panels face?
- Who Installs Solar?
- Who uses solar energy panels & for what purposes?
- Why choose First Choice for your re-roofing
- Why Colorbond roofing is a fantastic substitute for tiles!
- Will A Roof Replacement Add Value To My Home?
Your roof should always be a top concern. Aside from the fact that it is important to the appearance of your home, it provides your home and family protection from harsh weather conditions, that can affect the longevity of your home and the health of those inside.
To keep your roof in top condition, it is important to maintain its integrity. By doing physical inspections and seeking regular maintenance, you can identify and recognise spot damage and assess the severity of any damages quickly. By addressing these issues immediately, it can save you time and money. You are then presented with two options when addressing your roofing problems; roof restoration and roof repair. When should you choose one over the other?
What is Roof Restoration?
To complete a roof restoration means to completely makeover your entire roof. By this we mean replacing any old material with a new, more technically advanced product, and any other design issues that may be needed. Here at First Choice Home Improvements we specialise in using premium steel roofing materials such as Colorbond, galvanised and Zincalume. We have a range of profiles to suit all home styles. The most common being traditional corrugated iron.
We can transform old and worn out roofs to make them look like new again. Other damage can be addressed within the process of the re-roofing. We specialise in iron roofing due to the material’s premium benefits compared to that of tiled roofs.
Not to mention the look it can give your home. Iron gives your home the opportunity to look fresh and updated while respecting its traditional aesthetic.
In terms of buying a new roof, an iron re-roof is the most viable option. Not only will it protect your home from leaks and other damage when done correctly your new roof will last you a lifetime.
If you feel as if your roof is showing signs of deterioration the best thing to do is get a professional in to assess the condition of your roof. At First Choice Home Improvements we have iron roofing specialists that can do an assessment and roof check for you.
What is Roof Repair?
Roof repair is targeted to one area. For example, perhaps some of the corrugated iron sheets have become loose, or a flashing has let go. Maybe there is a rust spot that has broken through. Problems such as leaks need to be addressed as soon as possible as eventually, if ignored they can lead to more widespread damage through the home.
However, if your roof is suffering from more substantial damage, home done repairs not working, multiple leaks or the damage is too significant to address on your own, your best option is to have a professional have a look at your roof.
Remember it’s best to let a professional assess your roof and advise whether repair or replace is your best option. If a professional suggests a roof restoration is a better option than expensive repairs, it is really in your best interest. Regularly monitor your roof and if you feel anything isn’t right, give us a call.
At First Choice Home Improvements, we can take a look at your roof and assess whether or not it needs any repairs or replacement. With over 25 years’ experience in Adelaide based roof restoration, we know our stuff. We also offer a free quote service so that you know exactly how much it will cost you. To find out more, call us on (08) 8410 1883.